Wednesday, August 1, 2007

One Week!




Ivy was 1 week old last night! In this past week, we have learned that she hates baths, diaper changes, and most of all, gas. She loves sleeping, eating, laying on mommy or daddy's chest, and just being completely adorable. She is figuring out her schedule of eating every 3 hours. Last night she slept beautifully in between the 3 hour feedings, or so Lori tells me. I woke up to everything the first couple nights, but since then, I sleep right through. Lori says that if she could, she would spike my drinks with breast enhancing formula and let me feed her! :) Most of the time though, she is thrilled that she gets to feed Ivy.
Ivy had her first doctor's visit yesterday. She is back up to 6lbs 14ozs after she left the hospital at 6,8. Everything continues to be perfect with her breathing, so no signs of the infection coming back!
She is a car sleeper. The moment you start driving, she is out.
Lori and I have had the normal first parent questions of, "Is her poop supposed to look like spicy mustard?" or "How can those tiny little lungs cry so hard?" and "So how do you put clothes on an unnaturally strong infant who likes to flail her arms and legs all around?" and of course, "How can this tiny little person go through so much laundry!?"
Having Grandma Leckron here to help has been invaluable! God bless her!
The Grandparents have been funny. Now that they know the sex, they have bought all kinds of little outfits for her. :) Jaime Moore also loaned us a bunch of clothes for her! So thank you all!

Great Grandpa and Grandma Meek came to see Ivy, as did Uncle Adam and Aunt Sarah, and Uncle Seth.

8 comments:

Michele and Geoff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele and Geoff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele and Geoff said...

Her first glamour shots!
Cute!
Expect a few more
warddrobe changes
on Friday . . .

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! She is absolutely perfect, I am so happy for your family. Chad and I agree that Ivy is the most beautiful little girl we have ever seen, and I am sure she will exceed the meaning of her name and your expectations. I am so excited. Keep me post... Good Luck and god bless. Call me when you get a second, I know it will be a while... XOXOXOXOX

Unknown said...

Lori, she is adorable. As soon as we get the schedule ironed out I'll be covering for you two days per week until your return. You should so bring her to visit on one of the days that I'm working, I'd love to meet her! I'll keep you posted as to whats going on with that.

Anonymous said...

Where are the pics of us? Madison likes to talk about Ivy a lot and cannot wait to see her again, I'm sure Levi cannot wait too. She looks so different, what a difference a week can make. I have s couple outfits for her that I bought for Madison but she wore like once so I saved them. They are cute and pink.
Hope you are all doing well.
~Heidi and Steve and the kiddies

Scott Meek said...

Sorry about that heidi! I forgot to get pictures with the digital camera when you guys were here. You will just have to come back so we can get some pictures to post! :)

eleidaralfaro said...

HI Ivy;
You are beautiful and a blessing to your family. I pray your new life on this world is a blessing for you as I hope it is for my baby girl, Sinai Milixa.
Take good care and be good for your parents.
Blesings,
Eleida, Mario, and Sinai Alfaro:)