Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Name

Several of you have asked the meaning of my name. Well, Ivy is a symbol of Love, Friendship, and Fidelity. Some of you may remember that my mommy and daddy had lots of ivy at their wedding, so those ideals have always played an important role for them. Aurora means Dawn or Brilliantly Luminescent. My mommy's favorite time of day is morning. Also, the original Sleeping Beauty in the fairy tale is named Aurora, and that story was a childhood favorite of my mommy's. I think my name is pretty fitting, don't you?
My mommy picked out the name, and my daddy absolutely loves it. Of course, I think he calls me Little Pumpkin, or Princess more than anything. My mommy calls me Sweet Pea and Sugar Plum. I don't mind at all. :)
Mommy and Daddy pray that my name will prove to be true about me. They hope that I will be loving, a friend to everyone, and loyal and true, and that these characteristics will shine from me.

3 comments:

joannalee said...

Congrats! She's a beauty!!!

Anonymous said...

We love your name even more now Ivy. You are such a precious addition to our family. Uncle Adam and I can't wait to see you!
So glad your home with mommy and daddy!

Love,
Unlce Adam and Aunt Sarah

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys!! Ivy is such a precious beauty!! How appropriate that you'd name her after Sleeping Beauty! Her name is as beautiful as she is...and she's so precious. So, so happy for you all!! (Its so uncanny how much she looks like Grandpa Leckron in that one picture!!) Wishing you many continued joys, and many blessings!!!

Congratulations!!!
Love and Prayers,
Andrea :o)